Dual Bucket Wash
A nice looking car starts with one wash at a time. The right materials/tools and technique can save you hundreds.
- DA Drying Microfiber Towel
- DA Microfiber Wash Mitt
- Two 5 gal. Buckets
- DA Two Grit Guards
- DA Car Soap (pH Neutral)
- DA Glass Cleaner (Tinted safe)
- DA Glass MFT (Lint Free)
- DA Engine & Wheel Cleaner
- Wheel Brush
Option: Touch-Up with DA Detail Spray and DA Super Plush Microfiber Towel
A. Wheel and Engine Clean
Clean the wheels and engine prior to car wash to prevent break dust, dirt, and grime going onto the paint surfaces when washing.
- Wheels: Spray Engine&Wheel Cleaner onto the wheel you are working with. Supply running water during cleaning. Use a short brush to clean the surfaces of the wheels. Use Turbo Stick for inner spokes of wheel.
- Engine: Cover all exposed wires and important components before applying cleaners and water. Spray Engine&Wheel Cleaner onto engine. Agitate dirty areas with brush. Rinse down with water and dry with a towel.
B. Detail Addict Dual Bucket Procedures
- Prepare a two-bucket system to wash down the entire car. Insert a grit guard in the rinse bucket and the other in the soap bucket.
- When safe, rinse down the car with a water pressure to get off any hard solid debris. If you don’t have a water pressure, simply use the pressure from your hose and do the best you can in rinsing down the loose debris.
- Wash the top half of the car first and the bottom half at the end. We want to minimize dragging harmful debris onto the rest of the car. Do not apply excessive force; let the towel do most of the job for you.
- Soap and wash.
- After 1-2 sections, rinse wash mitt into the rinse bucket with the grit guard to loosen off any hard debris caught onto it. The grit guard traps these solids at the bottom of the bucket keeping the water on the top clean.
- Dip the wash mitt back into the soap bucket again to wash.
- Repeat step 5 & 6 in between wash per section.
- For easy touch up after a good detail work, spray DA detail spray and buff off with a DA microfiber towel.